An interpersonal process group is an interesting and effective way to deepen your clinical work and develop professionally. While we all need theory and technique to perform successfully, we also need to be able to connect with ourselves in order to connect to our patients. Members have the opportunity to:
- Receive and provide feedback regarding your communication style
- Explore multiple transferences
- Learn to resolve conflict in a way that fosters closeness
- Access your vulnerability
- Deepen intimacy with others
- Experience camaraderie through the group process
- Learn to work in the “here and now”
- Reduce the isolation you may experience being a therapist
- Build emotional muscle
- Develop relationships across gender and race
Therapists are experiencing burnout at higher rates during these challenging times. And those of us working in solo practices may find we never have the opportunity to access collegial support. A process group can provide an anchor and sense of support.
This group is open to all psychotherapists, including students of therapy and new graduates as well as seasoned clinicians.
When: TBD – probably Tuesday 1:00 – 2:15 This will be is an ongoing group.
Where: Virtual, zoom
Interview: Potential members will have 1-3 consultation interviews prior to entering the group.
Group Fee: White identified $90, black identified $65, POC $75 My differentiated fees reflect our commitment to address historical racial inequity for services. Students and therapists up to 2 years post graduation considered for sliding scale.