- Do you feel lonely in your work? Would you like to find collegial support and form new relationships with your peers?
- Would you like to learn more about working with your countertransference?
- Do you currently feel as effective as you’d like to be?
- Has the search for quality and affordable supervision become elusive?
- Do you want more from your private practice?
Being a psychotherapist is an exciting, expansive and worthwhile career. And those of us in private practice get to make our own hours and choose the type of client with whom we wish to work.
But all therapists need a place to share their work, create close relationships with peers and practice self-care. And most of us want to deepen our clinical skills and learn new ways of working. However, it can be hard to find regular support when we are so busy. Consultation groups are a great way to deepen your work, find collegial support and grow as a clinician.
This is a dynamic, interactive consultation group. Appropriate members have 10 years experience or fewer in the field. Members are challenged to present cases and think about the transference and countertransference and respond to each other in a non-critical manner. Modality is mainly psychodynamic, though eclectic. Clinical supervision hours towards LCSW or LMHC may be accumulated.
Group will meet:
Time: TBD – daytime either Thursday or Tuesday
Location: 125 East 23rd Street, New York, NY 10010
Cost: $75 per session
Start date: Late Winter / Early Spring
Learn more about Group Therapy.